We've made it easy for you to get in touch
You can use this form to make a general enquiry. If you’re an existing customer and want to request transaction or account information please call our customer service team on 0345 845 0829.
Data Privacy NoticeWho looks after your personal information
Your personal information will be held by Scottish Widows Bank, a trading name of Lloyds Bank plc, which is part of the Lloyds Banking Group. More information on the Group can be found at www.lloydsbankinggroup.comHow we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to provide products and services, manage your relationship with us and comply with any laws or regulations we are subject to (for example the laws that prevent financial crime or the regulatory requirements governing the products we offer).
- for other purposes including improving our services, exercising our rights in relation to agreements and contracts and identifying products and services that may be of interest.
To support us with the above we analyse information we know about you and how you use our products and services, including some automated decision making. You can find out more about how we do this, and in what circumstances you can ask us to stop, in our full privacy notice.Who we share your personal information with
Your personal information will be shared within Lloyds Banking Group and other companies that provide services to you or us, so that we and any other companies in our Group can look after your relationship with us. By sharing this information it enables us to better understand our customers’ needs, run accounts and policies, and provide products and services efficiently. This processing may include activities which take place outside of the European Economic Area. If this is the case we will ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information. You can find out more about how we share your personal information with credit reference agencies below and can access more information about how else we share your information in our full privacy notice.Where we collect your personal information from
We will collect personal information about you from a number of sources including:
- information given to us on application forms, when you talk to us in branch, over the phone or through the device you use and when new services are requested.
- from analysis of how you operate our products and services, including the frequency, nature, location, origin and recipients of any payments.
- from, or through, other organisations (for example card associations, credit reference agencies, insurance companies, retailers, comparison websites, social media and fraud prevention agencies).
- In certain circumstances we may also use information about health or criminal convictions but we will only do this where allowed by law or if you give us your consent.
You can find out more about where we collect personal information about you from in our full privacy notice.Do you have to give us your personal information
We may be required by law, or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have, to collect certain personal information. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay us fulfilling these obligations or performing services.What rights you have over your personal information
The law gives you a number of rights in relation to your personal information including:
- The right to access the personal information we have about you. This includes information from application forms, statements, correspondence and call recordings.
- The right to get us to correct personal information that is wrong or incomplete.
- In certain circumstances, the right to ask us to stop using or delete your personal information.
- You will have the right to receive any personal information we have collected from you in an easily re-usable format when it’s processed on certain grounds, such as consent or for contractual reasons. You can also ask us to pass this information on to another organisation.
You can find out more about these rights and how you can exercise them in our full privacy notice.Other individuals you have financial links with
We may also collect personal information about other individuals who you have a financial link with. This may include people who you have joint accounts or policies with such as your partner/spouse, dependents, beneficiaries or people you have commercial links to, for example other directors or officers of your company.
We will collect this information to assess any applications, provide the services requested and to carry out credit reference and fraud prevention checks. You can find out more about how we process personal information about individuals with whom you have a financial link in our full privacy notice.How we use credit reference agencies
In order to process your application we may supply your personal information to credit reference agencies (CRAs) including how you use our products and services and they will give us information about you, such as about your financial history. We do this to assess creditworthiness and product suitability, check your identity, manage your account, trace and recover debts and prevent criminal activity.
We may also continue to exchange information about you with CRAs on an ongoing basis, including about your settled accounts and any debts not fully repaid on time, information on funds going into the account, the balance on the account and, if you borrow, details of your repayments or whether you repay in full and on time. CRAs will share your information with other organisations, for example other organisations you ask to provide you with products and services. Your data will also be linked to the data of any joint applicants or other financial associates as explained above.
You can find out more about the identities of the CRAs, and the ways in which they use and share personal information, in our full privacy notice.How we use fraud prevention agencies
The personal information we have collected from you and anyone you have a financial link with may be shared with fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money laundering and to verify your identity. If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance or employment. Further details of how your information will be used by us and these fraud prevention agencies, and your data protection rights, can be found in our full privacy notice.Our full data privacy notice
It is important that you understand how the personal information you give us will be used. Therefore, we strongly advise that you read our full privacy notice, which you can find at - www.scottishwidows.co.uk/bank/savings/full_privacy_notice.html or you can ask us for a copy.How you can contact us
If you have any questions or require more information about how we use your personal information please contact us using www.scottishwidows.co.uk/secure/forms/bank/global/product-enquiries. You can also call us on 0345 845 0829 (or 0044 131 535 0460 from overseas).
If you feel we have not answered your question Lloyds Banking Group has a Group Data Privacy Officer, who you can contact on 0345 845 0829 (or 0044 131 535 0460 from overseas) and tell us you want to speak to our Data Privacy Officer.Version Control
This notice was last updated in February 2018.
Scottish Widows Bank is a trading name of Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales, no. 2065. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under number 119278.
Whenever you see this symbol on a page it means that by selecting the highlighted link you will leave the Scottish Widows website and enter a third party website. Separate terms apply to the use of third party websites and Scottish Widows does not warrant the accuracy, reliability, availability or otherwise of these sites.